It’s already the holiday season, which means gifts are at the front of many people’s minds. Here are ideas for body positive gifts your loved ones will appreciate, as they emphasize body kindness and self-love. And while you’re busy buying for others, don’t forget that you can’t pour from an empty cup. Treat yourself as well!
For the Bookworm
We all know that person who loves to spend time with their nose in a book (I do, too!). These ones are fabulous for learning more about accepting yourself as you are and achieving health without always being on a diet.
- *Body Kindness: This is all about helping you understand how to love, connect and care for yourself, including both your body and mind.
- *Intuitive Eating: The book that started it all! It explains the nuances of Intuitive Eating and is a great foundation of information if you want to learn more about this growing approach to health.
- *Body Positive Power: This gem is about the author’s own struggle with diet culture and how she has found freedom from it. Hers is a powerful story that will have you inspired to start your journey toward body positivity as well!
For the “Accessoriser”
Is that even a word?! We all know that person who loves all the extras, from clips to jewelry to stickers. These brands have items that would make great body positive gifts.
- *Effect Positivity: This brand is owned by a fellow body-positive registered dietitian, Kristi Coughlin. She has many cute items for sale with inspirational sayings, including shirts, coffee mugs and stickers. As a bonus, you can save 10% using the code LOVEYOURSELF.
- Thoughtful Nutrition: This brand is also owned by a body-positive registered dietitian, and features stickers, hats and mugs with meaningful phrases.
For the Fashionista
Maybe you’re looking for help with your current wardrobe, or you know someone else who is. Nancy Dilts is a great resource for solving your fashion problems!
- Nancy Dilts Consulting: Nancy is located in St. Paul, MN, but can help people anywhere via virtual connection with personal shopping and wardrobe styling. She is passionate about using clothes to help people feel great in their current bodies!
For the Mover
It can be hard to participate in movement without tearing your body apart. Comparison and the “perfect” body are everywhere in the fitness industry, which can make exercise even more dreadful. Luckily, Madi is available to bring a positive spin to movement!
- Madi Nispel: A movement and self-care coach passionate about helping womxn heal their relationships with body, health and movement.
For the Eater
So, this applies to everyone! Remember, you need to prioritize yourself. You cannot pour from an empty cup! Intuitively Nourished RD offers coaching services to help free you from the time- and energy-sucking activities of dieting. How much would you love a body-positive gift to yourself that also provides food freedom?!
- Intuitively Nourished RD Coaching: A fabulous investment in yourself so you can continue being a gift to the world! Being free from diet behaviors gives you more time to spend with loved ones and focus on matters that are truly important.
There you have it: ideas for body positive gifts! After the year we’ve had, we could all use more positivity in our lives, especially when it comes to our current bodies. We can never love ourselves enough!
With that, I hope you all have a wonderful, healthy holiday season filled with love and cheer!
*I will receive a portion of the sale from these products if these specific links or coupon codes are used.
I am a non-diet registered dietitian on a mission to spread the truth about dieting and the harm it does to our bodies physically, mentally and emotionally. It is my goal to show women that there is a fantastic life outside of dieting if they’re willing to step out of their comfort zone and start living!